January 9, 2013

Hayati's Grandpapa Was A Rolling Stone

The Sheik (1921)

I’m going to try and write this post in a way that if H ever reads it he will not hate my guts and never speak to me again. That being said (I can't stand that expression) here it goes…
When H and I were first introduced through mutual friends I asked him the usual stalker questions you ask a Kuwaiti man when you’re an insane Western girl.
1) Are your parents first cousins? Second cousins? Third cousins? The answer was NO to all three. That was a BIG freakin’ whew! We have enough of that relative stuff going on in the South. ;)
 
2) Do you believe in having more than one wife? And if yes, how many do you see yourself with in the future? He said no, of course any smart man would. 

3) Are your parents still married? YES! And they are adorable together.
 
4) Does your Father have more than one wife? He doesn’t!!! Whew! 

5) Is your Father close with the house maids? (LOL! Just teasing…) the real question was does he frequent a diwaniya where there is “entertainment” wink wink…? Nope, just cards and TV with the guys. 

6) Then the same question to H. And the answer was another no. He said he dislikes diwaniya after returning from University abroad and rarely goes. I didn’t believe that one but it’s pretty darn true. I wish he went more often and his Mother claims that (her alone time) is the secret to their marriage.  

7) Are you first Kuwaiti with both parents Kuwaiti? (I was just curious.) He is…
 
8) Are you Hathar or Bedouin? He’s Hathar and Westernized (too much)!  

9) Do you have massive debt with that killer ride? Nope, no debt. Seriously! Nada! Good, old Kuwaiti family, well-educated and a great job.  Yay, he’s responsible and hardworking. 
Well, the questions went on like I was five years old and yet he still continued to court me after my painful interrogation. The one question I forgot to ask was about his Grandfather. He talks so often about his Grandmothers but mentions very little details about his Grandfathers.
So the other night I don’t know why it entered my head to ask if his Grandfather had more than one wife. I figured he had two which was pretty common back then. Well boy did I have the number wrong and incredibly low. His Grandpapa was a rollin’ stone and how many wives he’s had nobody knows. They were from Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Morocco and maybe Egypt. H said they still don’t know and that he divorced a lot of them and had to pay lots of alimony.
OMG! Can you imagine telling your parents that little tidbit about your future husband? H has such a great sense of humor (sexiest laugh ever) and he laughed about it with me forever.  I’m guessing this Grandpapa player married just about every girl he fancied that agreed to marry him. I couldn’t help but crack up but I was sure to let H know that we American women get away with murder when our Hubby displays that kind of "bad husband behavior". If his stone goes rollin' I’m going to cut both stones off and leave him stoneless/stickless/penniless. ;p
 

Video credit: YouTube

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I make over 6 figures almost all tax free plus my family in the US is well off. Now why would I need his $? Not everyone in the world is like you. :))

      Delete
    2. Well, this is a first in almost three years of blogging. The commenter above removed their comment. :( I wasn't upset by it and it was pretty funny. There were no hard feelings...

      I'm trying to remember exactly what the commenter wrote. I think it was:

      "I see you are already thinking of ways to get his money huh?"

      Delete
  2. Obviously she's well off. As if she needs his money, with her multiple visits to 5 star hotels in Kuwait. Hate comments are funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u anonymous. :) Dating or marrying a man for $ and not love would be like working for a boss you hate 24/7. I don't know how anyone can do it. Obviously the end of my post was a joke that they didn't get.

      There's a group of us girls that started going to the hotels once a month a few years ago. Some left Kuwait but Bama & I along with M & H go faithfully for some R&R.

      I'm here in Kuwait for the traveling, job & life experience plus tax free salary. I'm a hard worker and not a user. Everything he gives is because he wants to and won't take no for an answer. I know I don't need to defend myself to the haters but I wanted the readers to know. Thanks again. :*

      Delete
    2. Also, I'd like to answer: why would I write about all the material stuff if it brings so many hater comments?

      This blog is about my experiences in Kuwait with the help of a close few. Of course I want to brag, I mean blog about the good stuff as well as the bad. :) This is my life in Kuwait.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha,I've heard the exact story from a new coming "foreign" Kuwaiti guy at work.He could be H's Young adult uncle :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? OMG! It's him! Just kidding!!!!

      H is a very private person so there is no way he would discuss it outside the family. Maybe they are related? I mean his Grandpapa had a harem. ;)

      Delete
  4. O My! Firstly I will say I loved this post and laughed so hard! The ending REALLY got me!
    Then I got to the comments section, BLAH! I hate when people judge... You only show what you WANT people to see! They do not know the whole story!
    I love your blog and ALL of your goodies! Every EXPAT over here does these sorts of things... What is the problem?
    Just keep doing what you are doing! You know that you are doing something right if people take the time to leave a comment! Postivie or negative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ambazon Princess! Hehe, my new name for you. You, DG and AG always make me smile with your supportive comments. It was such a funny story when H was telling me but it's not always easy to convey that in a post. I'm so glad you got it! Life is never boring with my Sheikh.

      Delete
  5. Damn, hilarious. Loved your ending and felt bad for not doing just that to my soon to be ex, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie.. Glad it made you laugh. ;) Your soon to be ex deserves even worse. I can't wait till karma slaps him upside the head.

      Delete
  6. Any smart man would say no? So you're insulting our Prophet Muhammed and saying he's not a smart man? Whether you like it or not polygamy is allowed in Islam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you are twisting my words because you are desperate for a comment or you just don't comprehend English.

      I'm pretty sure we both know that is not what I meant.

      Delete
  7. His Grandpapa was a rollin’ stone and how many wives he’s had nobody knows. They were from Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Morocco and maybe Egypt. H said they still don’t know and that he divorced a lot of them and had to pay lots of alimony.

    Omg this had me in stitches! I know quite a few people with grandfathers like that! Hahahha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hilarious but how do I explain it to my future children about their player Kuwaiti great grandfather? :p

      Delete
    2. Let them find out from their cousins hahahah!

      Btw hate at I can only post as Anonymous :( blogspot is not very ipad friendly.

      Delete
    3. That's a good idea. Haha!

      Sorry you're having trouble posting. You can write in your name and blog address if you'd like. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading this blog and taking the time to write a comment. Posting anonymously is a privilege and not a right. This is a conservative country so please do not be disrespectful to anyone.

© ExpatandtheCity, 2010 - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ExpatandtheCity with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.