December 29, 2012

My Christmas in Kuwait 2012 ~ Part 2

 
What to do when H has meetings and most of your closest friends have left Kuwait on vacation? Stay at The Kuwait Hilton Beach and Spa Resort with B where they celebrate Christmas in Kuwait big time.
 
 
Last year we had Christmas at the lovely Hotel Missoni but it just didn't feel like Christmas.  The Hilton has decorations and celebrations everywhere complete with Poinsettias and festive music.
 
 
A gigantic Christmas tree at the Songbird Cafe complete with Filipinos singing Christmas carols and Christmas themed food.
 
 
Christmas Cakes <3
 
 
It rained or was cloudy most of the time but Boxing Day brought us rays of gorgeous sunshine.
 
 
It finally became a little cold and the Arabian Gulf and beach were just stunning.
 
 
We had our own rooms with breathtaking views.
 
 
H came to the Hilton first thing Christmas morning for exchanging presents and Christmas brunch before his first meeting.  He was really sleepy because of our late night Christmas Eve dinner at the Hilton the night before.
 
 
Jewelry <3 (most romantic present from my Kuwaiti Santa).  I added some sparkle and a splash of Santa Claus for the photograph.
 
 
H found the English edition of the Sons of Sinbad at the last book fair in Kuwait.  You can find out more on the Australian Sea Captain Alan Velliers if you read our post on Touring Kuwait in Three Days [here].
 
 
Hermes finally called H that the Birkin was in and I opened this beauty on Christmas morning. Bama brought hers along to the Hilton so we were matchy matchy. :p (H isn't very happy that I made him take this bag and a few others to his house and store in his enormous walkin closet.  I only use them when we go to dinner so he has to bring me my bag of choice for every date. I'm training him already on how to be a good husband. ;)

 
Because of the Christmas gifts I knew about already, I made him promise no more expensive gifts, only a few tiny, thoughtful presents and my poem.  If you know H you find out quickly how unpredictable & crazy on birthdays and holidays he gets. (Hence the bags and wrapped boxes he teased me with.) The more you tell him don't, the more he does...That includes friends, family, co-workers and charities.  He spends his life helping others and making people happy yet you will never hear him talk about it.  Here I am blogging about all my experiences in Kuwait and telling the world.  He's a very private person and I guess I will have to be more like him once we get married. (This bag is also going to H's house. His Mother has a collection of bags to die for and they have massive US Style security around their gigantic house.)
    
 
Christmas brunch? Honey please...! We indulged all day long.
 
 
Two days of spa treatments with the aquatic pool and it was a very relaxing and wet Christmas.
  
 
Just push the "magic" button and you can request almost any wish.  (i.e. Hot chocolate with whip cream in the middle of the night.) No hotel in Kuwait treats you better than they do in my opinion. They almost always get your request right.
 
 
Hot Chocolate <3
 
 
What a romantic late night of strawberries dipped in chocolate and a remote control. Kidding! We watched Santa Claus 3. ;p
 
Although I am far from home and missing my family and loved ones in America, this Christmas in Kuwait was spectacular thanks to the Kuwait Hilton, my gf Bama and true love and soul mate, H.
 
For the post on Part 1 click [here].
 
 

30 comments:

  1. O-M-G! How GREAT!!! You look like you had a great Christmas! I love your bag!!! How wonderful! I am so J right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing but look who's talking... You're more spoiled than me. :p

      Delete
    2. No- I am not! You are the EXPAT Princess!

      Delete
    3. Haha! You're the Amazon Princess! ;)

      Delete
  2. If your bf is Muslim why is he celebrating Christmas with you? That's kufr :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is celebrating Christmas with me blasphemy? First of all he's my fiancé and second of all he doesn't celebrate the Christian part, only the Santa Claus and gift giving part. He is very supportive and respectful of my faith as I am his. I will not convert after marriage and we will continue to celebrate my holidays as most do in Kuwait when the wife / Mother is Christian.

      Delete
    2. It's blasphemy because he is Muslim. We don't worship Jesus. Ask an religious sheikh, they will tell you Christmas is forbidden to celebrate. Even by giving presents, that's still participating. I feel sad when I see these cases because you are will destroy his faith in Islam in the end. And if you have children they will not even be raised as proper Muslims.

      Delete
    3. I hate to break it to you but there is Christmas cheer all over Kuwait. Look at the disposable cup the next time you visit Starbucks or Caribou Coffee from November 1st to the New Year. There are decorations and celebrations everywhere. Christians and Muslims exist peacefully in Kuwait and there are several churches. I exchanged gifts with several of my Muslim friends so I guess you should judge them as well. Hehe...

      You may feel sad about my life with H but I feel sad for you and really wish I could just give you a big hug. I think you need some love and happiness in your life. Why else would you spend time commenting on this blog that you openly disapprove of how we live our life? Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
    4. That "Christmas cheer" is only for money and to appease the foreigners there. Do you see Saudi or Qatar or Oman doing that? It's un Islamic. If your friends participate they're obviously not religious enough to care.

      Lmaooo I have enough love and happiness in my life, so don't try to patronize me to comfort yourself. I'm just saying as a Muslim it makes me sad to see. But it's not my family, alhamdAllah so whatev. Happy new year ;)

      Delete
    5. You never know...He could be in your family if you're a Kuwaiti. Then I'll be sure to save you a hug along with a Christmas present. ;p

      Delete
    6. There's nothing in the Quran that says participation in Christmas is haram. There is a Hadith which states Muslims shouldn't do similar things as Jews and Christians (ie. religious practices).

      However, Christmas is not for Christians only. I've never been Christian, yet my American family always celebrated Christmas in the commercial sense. To this day my understanding of it on a religious level is quite limited, nor am I interested in further understanding it. I celebrate it as part of an 'event' similar to New Year's Eve, or Thanksgiving -- 2 more non-religious holidays.

      And if all the decor is to 'appease' foreigners and take more money, wouldn't that be equivalent to haram money?

      Just as Eid is a religious holiday to some, for others (who are Muslim) it's more about getting some food and visiting friends. But who are we to judge on what level people practice their religion? And who are we to point fingers at someone doing nice things for a loved one on an important holiday that loved one celebrates?

      I would venture to say H isn't rushing off to the local church for midnight mass anytime soon. Relax.

      Delete
    7. Hahaha! Excellent response AG! Thank you for always having my back. <3

      Delete
  3. This is a dream life you are living. I'm jealous :p. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's not a dream life. Actually I work very hard and make my own $. There's no secret to meeting a good man. Just give that nice guy a chance and don't always go for the bad boy. Get to know someone first as friends and never be the girl that every guy has had. Be the girl every guy wishes he had.

      Delete
  4. Please tell us how much did the Hermés cost and how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a 35. I'm not sure of the price because it's a gift. Hermes doesn't tell you the price until your bag comes in. You have to pick it up that day or it goes to the next person on the list.

      My friend B got one a few months before H bought mine and she said her bf paid 2,880 KD. That's like just over $10,000. It's way too much for sure but they keep their value and are passed down from generation to generation. Thanks to Hermes spa treatments that are free of charge and keep your bag in good condition.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely Christmas, Expat! Good on your Hayati for spoiling you! Have a wonderful New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart and you have a very Happy New Year in America lucky girl. Next year we are going home for Christmas so hopefully H will survive. Hehe!

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy for u. May u have a blissful life dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and may I wish you the same with a very Happy New Year! <3

      Delete
  7. I'm happy for you. Rejoice in the love you have with H. That anonymous Muslim is just jealous he doesn't have what H have. Isn't it obvious that those who have no life are always quick to dissuade you from having one? He probably has the hots for you and since H have you he resorts to his religious nonsense, lol. It's great that you both accept your religious differences, that's the test of true love and mutual respect. Because of that respect, you know how best to love one another. At the end of the day, we're the same, we all bleed red.

    have a blessed new year dear, you're off to a great start already..

    P.S. I don't own one nor would I ever, but I know those Hermes cost a fortune. Enjoy it and I'm sure he'll have fun with your family next year, after all he has you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOOL! Thank you sweetheart. I'm not sure if it's a girl or guy but I'm glad most Muslims I know have a strong faith but also an open mind.

      Have a happy New Year and may all of your dreams come true. <3

      Delete
  8. Wish you a happy life in 2013 and hope you get the kelly lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you very much and I wish you the same. <3

      Delete
  9. u r one lucky gal :) we r happy 4 u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. :-) Christmas comes and goes so fast but I hope our love for each other lasts forever.

      Delete
  10. H is the lucky one, in my opinion. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year holidays and that 2013 brings you happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much! I'm really the lucky one and I thank God for him and his family every day.

      Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  11. Inside Michel Hayek's pantsJanuary 05, 2013

    Me no clairvoyant yet I smell wedding belles, this Kuwaiti summer :) Although I am Jewish and all,I am up for being minister at your wedding- I can make you an offer you can't refuse at Our Lady Of Awqaf Cathedral in Nouzha where I have rather good connexions.

    Habby New Year 2013 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, very funny! I adore the intentional spelling errors.

      Yes, it looks like this summer which was tweeted and mentioned on this blog. The Christian ceremony will hopefully take place and "if so" in the USA and Kuwait will be a traditional Muslim wedding. (Planned by his family in Kuwait.)

      Delete

Thank you for reading this blog and taking the time to write a comment. It might take up to a week or two but we do respond to every comment. :) Posting anonymously is a privilege and not a right. This is a conservative country so please do not be disrespectful to anyone.

© ExpatandtheCity, 2010 - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ExpatandtheCity with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.