October 30, 2012

Dying To Be Perfect: Liposuction Can Kill You!

Before Photoshop she is still beautiful but with darker skin, a much larger physique, with uneven skin color, lumpy and bumpy thighs.

 Yes, this is a real pic of Kim Kardashian! She was quoted before saying, "Yeah, I have cellulite and so what!" But she and her clients still have it Photoshopped because perfection sells and cellulite doesn’t.  Her weight constantly yo yo's up and down. Regardless, she is still beautiful at any size.

 I returned to Kuwait from vacation yesterday and received the tragic news that my childhood friend had died this past Saturday.  I haven’t seen her in years but we kept in touch thanks to the Internet.  We were planning a girl’s beach weekend for our reunion and now that will never happen.  Our mutual friends informed me that she had died from complications following liposuction surgery.  Apparently she had a serious infection from the operation and they were unable to save her. 
We are the same age and were born just a few days apart.  She was way too young and beautiful to die from an unnecessary surgery.  Her sweet smile, amazing sense of humor and never ending love for her family and friends will be forever missed. 
The first thing that came to my mind is why? Why would such a beautiful girl like my friend want this procedure when she was already very attractive and happily married? Well, it doesn’t surprise me when women are constantly fed lies about the current standard of beauty. Many of us look to celebrities and models for our inspiration yet forget they have tailored designer clothes, Spanx, makeup artists / hair stylists on call 24/7 and most important of all the best photographers and Photoshop.  Basically it takes a small village to give them that perfect appearance that many women seem to strive for at any cost.  Their standard of beauty isn’t real but it sells billions in products and plastic surgery. 
I’m thankful that I grew up with a Mother who is strong and doesn’t let her incredible beauty define her. She taught me that personality, faith, sense of humor, education, charity and manners are what really matters.   That the outer surface beauty will always fade in time.  She has never had plastic surgery or any other treatments like Botox or fillers.  She credits sleep, healthy living, happiness and lots of water but I know it is also genetic.
I do not think there is anything wrong with women having plastic surgery or anti-aging treatments because it is their choice and right. However, I do have a problem with how some magazines flat out lie to us about what celebrities look like.  It’s a warped standard of beauty that doesn’t exist and can sometimes contribute to an unnecessary death.
If you do decide to have a cosmetic procedure it is important that you know the risk involved and do your homework.  Pick a board certified surgeon with years of experience who keeps updated on the latest techniques and trends.  The doctor should work in a state of the art facility and will most likely charge more than the others.  If you go bargain shopping for a plastic surgeon you are risking your appearance and possibly your life. 
Here are some pictures I found on the internet [Google images] that no words are needed because they speak for themselves.   
Madonna still looks amazing for her age but she doesn't look this amazing.

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jessica Alba ~ look at her hips and thighs in the real pic to the left. Still gorgeous but not perfect.



12 comments:

  1. Is that really Kim Kardashian in the second picture - ahhh thank God for air-brushing! Kanye West's mother died from plastic surgery complications who may be soon the next husband of Kim. I think the warning bells should ring louder when you speak about having plastic surgery in the GCC. But it really doesn't matter where you decide to have plastic surgery, there can be complications whether the doctor is board certified or not. But of course, it is important to make sure that your doctor is board certified. Many of these doctors operate out of their office except for Bumrungrad which is a wonderful hospital in Bangkok. I was told some doctors in Dubai do some of their surgeries in a hospital. But I am sorry for your loss. Many of you stay living in Kuwait, but you truly miss out on all those personal moments with family and friends that you may never get back - somehow I wonder if it is really worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really Kim. I remember how devastated Kanye was after his Mother's death. When someone you love goes in for cosmetic surgery you never expect them to die. It's really tragic for their loved ones and friends.

      Thank you for your condolences. I do miss out on a lot by living overseas and that is why I'm also struggling with living here permanently after marriage. I do have to add that I also gain a lot by living in a foreign country. I guess there are pros and cons in almost every living situation.

      Delete
  2. I don't think beauty has a lot to do with LOVE! It has a lot to do with attraction! But many attractive women aren't the best mates.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill. It's true...the more beautiful we are the more we get away with and can really F a guy up. *evil laugh* Just Kidding! ;)

      Delete
  3. How strange that I just had a conversation with someone about cosmetic surgery today,... I told him that I wasn't getting anything done and I want to age... Gracefully (Fingers Crossed) Sorry for your loss! It is sad because I really hear so many people making trips to get fixed up instead of doing ZUMBA! or changing some of their lifestyle habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber. A lot of Americans get plastic surgery in Kuwait. If I was going to do something this would be the last place. I would want to go to the very best hospital. I figure if the average Kuwaiti leaves Kuwait for any surgery then why wouldn't we do the same?

      Delete
  4. My condolences for your loss :(

    I think some women go way over board. Don't you realize that you should feel happy with the way you look. As a guy I have had the worst things a woman can say to a person based on appearance. My reply: I am sorry GOD didn't create me to your specifications. If you truly want love then it comes from inside and not by the way you look. I have seen women who were chubby and OMG I used to fall for them not only because of personality but also by the way she looked. Now after surgery her personality has changed and I doubt she will look the same when she grows old. Personally she doesn't look good anymore.

    Attraction is not from looks. We will all grow old and die. The circle of life remember. Be with someone who loves you for you and don't change because it makes him happy. I know if I change myself that yes girls will run after me but I will be more depressed then I am already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you meet a nice girl and live happily ever after. :)

      Delete
  5. Women are meant to be curvy and should not be ashamed of it or try to change it.

    As a biker, I know that a stretch of straight road is boring but one filled with curves is worth exploration and appreciation.

    Sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear.

      A healthy curvy is the sexiest. You're a smart man. :)

      Delete
  6. That's heartbreaking :( The media is brainwashing women into thinking we're supposed to look a certain way and sadly some people don't fathom that the images of celebrities they're seeing are all photoshopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Photoshopped and airbrushed ads should be banned in my opinion. Men look at these ads and expect their gfs / wives to look like something that doesn't even exist. We should work with what God gave us and take care of our body as a temple. Trying to look like counterfeit celebrities is a battle we cannot win.

      Delete

Thank you for reading this blog and taking the time to write a comment. Posting anonymously is a privilege and not a right. This is a conservative country so please do not be disrespectful to anyone.

© ExpatandtheCity, 2010 - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ExpatandtheCity with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.