1. Live in Kuwait because of his career and family.
2. Live with his family until we build or buy our own house.
3. No male friends except work colleagues.
4. I can continue to work until I become a Mother but I have to find a job that doesn’t require me to work so many hours. He said that once we are married I do not have to work.
5. I can remain Christian but our Children will be raised as Muslims.
6. We can still have Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Halloween celebrations.
7. I can continue to wear Western style clothes but they must be conservative. I do not have to cover my hair or wear Middle Eastern Style clothes.
8. I cannot drink any alcohol ever again after marriage.
9. He will not be the boss of me but I have to consult him first before I make any decisions regarding travel, work, family, etc.
10. Once we are engaged we can do certain things. Once we are married we can do everything except for what is considered non-Islamic.
I enjoy living in Kuwait but I’m not sure if I can stay here forever.
There is no way I want to be a newlywed and live with his parents. That would take all the fun out of marriage for me. I’m afraid his Mother might make life difficult for me to say the least.
I suggested we have our own rented villa until we get our house. We can still keep an apartment inside his family’s house and stay there from time to time. That didn’t go over well.
I have male friends that are like family here. I understand his point so I will respect his wishes. Hopefully my friends will become his friends.
I love my current job but it is taking a lot out of me. I will try to balance career and family life. I am not the type to be a stay at home wife. When I become a Mother I do want to raise them myself and be there for my children. No maid will ever take the place of their Mommy.
Religion is the hard part. I would rather teach them both religions and let them decide for themselves when they get older.
I will always celebrate my beloved American and Christian Holidays.
I already dress conservative so that isn’t a problem. However, I wear a bikini when I go to the Western, hotel beaches and pools in Kuwait with my girlfriends. When I swim at my apartment I wear a one piece. I told him I will wear a one piece but he wants me to wear that Burkini thing. Can you imagine my tan lines? Nope, I won’t wear one of those big things.
I am not an alcoholic but I do drink outside of Kuwait. I enjoy wine with my meals, cocktails with the girls and cold beer on game day. We are arguing about this rule because I will remain Christian so why the need to give up alcohol?
We will be a team as husband and wife so we both should consult each other before making any major decisions.
I will be a lady in the street and a freak in the sheets. He laughed when I told him that.
I have been honest with him from the start but I haven’t told him everything. We started out as friends and I wasn't looking to meet anyone or get married. One of the things I will never tell him about is this blog. I know I will have to end this chapter of my life if I become his wife. Don’t worry…I’m not going to start a cupcake business or become a Stepford wife. I will still be me. ;P